Author Topic: Make file uploader more convenient  (Read 1623 times)

Offline patricklux@gmx.de

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Make file uploader more convenient
« on: November 10, 2022, 06:12:22 AM »
Hi, I only have one ftp and one sftp in my list, but all the other options are visible. Why not make them invisible?
And it always jumps back to the ftp. Why can't I set any other als default connection?

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Make file uploader more convenient
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 08:57:25 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions!

With regards to it always defaulting to FTP. there are a few ways to bring up the Uploader, are you using the keyboard shortcut?

On macOS: ⌘-u will call the Uploader set to FTP, but ⌘-Ctrl-u will call the Uploader with the last uploader used.

On Windows: Ctrl-u will call the Uploader set to FTP, and Ctrl-Alt-u will call the Uploader with the last uploader used.

This is also the case in the File menu, if you choose "File > FTP Photos as..." it will call the Uploader set to FTP,  if you select File > Upload, it will call the Uploader with the last uploader used.
And,  you can "one-click" upload your images from the Metadata (IPTC) Info screen which you click "Save Upload and →" which will Upload the image to the last-used upload destination and the last-used settings as well and you never have to see the uploader screen or make any choices at all.

Will any of these help your uploading?

Mick

(Edited to bold the part about it opening with the last uploader used)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 11:06:43 AM by Mick O (Camera Bits) »
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Jeff Vogan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 10:45:39 AM »
It might be easier to have PM remember the last service that was uploaded to rather than require a shortcut.  I will never remember all of the shortcuts in all of the applications I use.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 10:50:04 AM »
It might be easier to have PM remember the last service that was uploaded to rather than require a shortcut.  I will never remember all of the shortcuts in all of the applications I use.

It does remember the last uploader you use when you choose "Upload" from the File menu instead of "FTP Photos as". ⌘-Ctrl-u and Ctrl-Alt-u are the shortcuts for that menu option.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 11:41:12 AM »
With regards to it always defaulting to FTP. there are a few ways to bring up the Uploader, are you using the keyboard shortcut?
On macOS: ⌘-u will call the Uploader set to FTP, but ⌘-Ctrl-u will call the Uploader with the last uploader used.
Thanks, didn't knew the second one so far but I don't see any logic why only ftp has its own shortcut. For the second one I also have to use both hands. Not convenient.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 08:55:36 AM »
are you planning to make any changes to this?

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2023, 09:53:51 PM »
Good morning Patrick.
I feel you in regards to the German Keyboard layout that forces us to use 2 hands for some shortcuts.

I would add the idea of defining our own shortcuts.

In the meantime I bought a macro-pad (https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0BMPZ4C9Y) that is fully customizable with and key combinations you like / need.
For tagging images the ALT-=> (save and next) combination is not practical so I put this onto the pad and can add BIBs one-handed.
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.