Author Topic: Workflow:P M +  (Read 694 times)

Offline Roger Vikstrom

• freelance photographer from Stockholm Sweden
    • View Profile
    • RVBILD
Workflow:P M +
« on: November 15, 2022, 03:15:52 AM »
Workflow:P M + download images to catalog on desktop. There I make a selection, rates pictures and throw away pictures that I don't want to save.
When everything is ready, I drag the whole folder to external Raid where I have all my pictures. Then I have to scan the folder to catalog. What is the best way to do?
/Roger

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Workflow:P M +
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 02:15:07 PM »
If you are adding the items to the catalog on Ingest (using auto-catalog), then using Photo Mechanic to move the files to their final destination on the RAID will inform the catalog that the files have moved (you would want to drag to the RAID in the Navigator though, not a Windows File Explorer window, or use the 'Move' function in Copy/Move Photos) and therefore no further action of scanning to catalog would be necessary.

If you are moving the folder from outside of Photo Mechanic and then want the catalog to know about its new location, please see this: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001164434-how-to-update-the-catalog-location-of-folders-you-have-moved

Offline Roger Vikstrom

• freelance photographer from Stockholm Sweden
    • View Profile
    • RVBILD
Re: Workflow:P M +
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 09:31:05 AM »
OK thank you
/Roger