Author Topic: Restore Panes Not Doing Anything  (Read 3729 times)

Offline mhedstrom

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Restore Panes Not Doing Anything
« on: May 13, 2007, 07:43:22 PM »
I feel silly about posting this here, but haven't found the info anywhere else. I'm using a demo version of 4.5, and if I get an image into preview mode, clicking on the 'restore panes' icon doesn't do anything.   I believe I'm currently in "full view" (I see the toolbar, and below that, my image)(clicking on that icon doesn't do anything either), and I'm suspecting 'restore panes' is the one feature that I'm missing - I really want to see the large image in preview mode, and then a little filmstrip of the other images in that folder either above or below that so I can click around really quick.   

So I guess I'm asking what exactly is it supposed to do? I've tried previewing just 1 image, and several selected images and neither makes a difference.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Restore Panes Not Doing Anything
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 08:17:22 PM »
I feel silly about posting this here, but haven't found the info anywhere else. I'm using a demo version of 4.5, and if I get an image into preview mode, clicking on the 'restore panes' icon doesn't do anything.   I believe I'm currently in "full view" (I see the toolbar, and below that, my image)(clicking on that icon doesn't do anything either), and I'm suspecting 'restore panes' is the one feature that I'm missing - I really want to see the large image in preview mode, and then a little filmstrip of the other images in that folder either above or below that so I can click around really quick.   

So I guess I'm asking what exactly is it supposed to do? I've tried previewing just 1 image, and several selected images and neither makes a difference.

It's a bug in the 4.5 release version.  The 4.5.1 beta has this problem fixed.  You can demo the beta which is available in the Announcements section of the forums.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

-Kirk

Offline mhedstrom

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Restore Panes Not Doing Anything
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 08:59:44 AM »
And of course I checked everywhere but that forum (feels like an idiot) - thanks for helping - it does exactly what I'm looking for.