Author Topic: Latest PM Enterprise 6645 reset custom IPTC templates  (Read 705 times)

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
Latest PM Enterprise 6645 reset custom IPTC templates
« on: November 21, 2022, 11:40:01 AM »
Hi,

I had custom IPTC templates and after installing the latest PM Enterprise Version 6.0, build 6645 it has reset them both (Metadata IPTC Info and Metadata IPTC Template) to some kind of default. I saw another person report similar here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/518461751857865/posts/1753644901672871/

I have Time Machine backups, can you please advise location on OSX of PM preferences folder so I can do a complete restore? And/or where I can download previous application version?

Thanks,
Ben

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Latest PM Enterprise 6645 reset custom IPTC templates
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 01:05:30 PM »
Hi,

I had custom IPTC templates and after installing the latest PM Enterprise Version 6.0, build 6645 it has reset them both (Metadata IPTC Info and Metadata IPTC Template) to some kind of default. I saw another person report similar here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/518461751857865/posts/1753644901672871/

I have Time Machine backups, can you please advise location on OSX of PM preferences folder so I can do a complete restore? And/or where I can download previous application version?

Thanks,
Ben

The person in that post is asking how to remove or hide the new fields. Did the update actually reset the Template and Info windows? Or did it simply add the new fields that can be hidden in your Accessibility preferences

Photo Mechanic's Preference's are stored here: /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic

However, if you restore an old version of the preferences folder, and then launch the new build, its going to do the same thing it did previously. In my testing, it does not do anything to reset how the template was set up, it simply adds the new fields. So if you restore your preferences and it resets it back to some default, I will want a copy of your preferences folder (compressed into a ZIP) so that I can investigate.

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
Re: Latest PM Enterprise 6645 reset custom IPTC templates
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 08:21:48 PM »
Did the update actually reset the Template and Info windows? Or did it simply add the new fields that can be hidden in your Accessibility preferences

Photo Mechanic's Preference's are stored here: /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic

I did a restore and it seems you are correct - It was just the addition of the extra fields, not a reset, but because they had 8 lines each they moved everything else around and it appeared visually different. Have disabled them and it's back to normal. Thank you for the help...