Author Topic: Auto Ingest not working after W11 22H2 update  (Read 1056 times)

Offline phototyke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Auto Ingest not working after W11 22H2 update
« on: November 21, 2022, 03:30:08 PM »
I use PM daily and after the W11 update the auto ingest on mount of camera disk is not working.....just a heads up / warning..... cant figure out what I need to change in W11 to allow this....any ideas?? thanks Nigel

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Ingest not working after W11 22H2 update
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 09:44:19 AM »
I'll have to do this update and get back to you, but I would like to know: if in Preferences -> General, you have "On Mount of Camera Disk" set to "Show Ingest dialog" or "open as Contact Sheets", do those functions work?

Offline phototyke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 01:49:55 PM »
Hi,Yes I do have my preferences as you mentioned...On Camera Mount/Show Ingest dialog...............

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 02:03:12 PM »
Hi,Yes I do have my preferences as you mentioned...On Camera Mount/Show Ingest dialog...............

Does that function work? Does it show the Ingest dialog? If you change it to "Open as Contact Sheet" does it open a contact sheet when you plug in the card?

Offline phototyke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 05:16:10 PM »
The auto ingest function didnt work/start on the mount of a card however I tried your suggestion 'open as contact sheet' and it did indeed open a contact sheet on the mount of a card.....I then changed preferences back to Show Ingest Dialog and all back working when a card/reader is mounted! Must have been some 'glitch'....thanks for the help!

Offline phototyke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 01:52:12 AM »
False alarm,still not working....it worked in the test in previous post but seems like its back to recognising cards when mounted,last few days the original problem is back.......tried the 'open contact sheet' then changed the preference back but its not even doing either now....

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 01:43:22 PM »
I don't remember ever having to do this with Windows 10, but on Windows 11 I had to go into my Autoplay settings and choose Photo Mechanic for what it should do when a memory card is inserted. Do you have Autoplay set to "Open or Ingest (Photo Mechanic)" for Memory Cards?

Offline phototyke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 05:02:50 PM »
legend! thank you....I should have thought of that,it worked!