Author Topic: Autocomplete drop down list of alternatives stopped working  (Read 565 times)

Offline myotis

• View Profile
Autocomplete drop down list of alternatives stopped working
« on: November 28, 2022, 03:28:05 AM »
Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6645 (f4860a9), Monterey 12.4. M1 Mac Studio

When using code replacement I am no longer getting a drop down list of options to choose from.

I have autocomplete selected to autocomplete when I type three letters.

The delimiter for code replacement is =

I use code replacements to add bird names to the caption field.

so typing =marha= is replaced with "Marsh Harrier or Western Marsh Harrier (Circus aeruginosus)"

Up until a few days ago (possible after the most recent update) after typing "=mar" I would get a drop down list appear that included marha, marsa, marti, and marwa to choose from.

Although the code replacement feature is still working, I'm not getting the drop down list.

Online ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Autocomplete drop down list of alternatives stopped working
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 09:27:01 AM »
I have experienced this as well, but I'm not sure why because we haven't changed anything with Autocomplete. Our developers will look into it, but for a temporary workaround, if Autocomplete is a crucial part of your workflow, I'd recommend reverting back to the previous build: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=15253.0

Offline myotis

• View Profile
Re: Autocomplete drop down list of alternatives stopped working
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 09:40:45 AM »
Thanks, at least it's not just me. I look forward to a fix.

Most of the codes I use regularly are in my memory, so I will just stick with this version, but thanks for the link

Graham