Author Topic: Color tags being added to photos during ingest  (Read 616 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Color tags being added to photos during ingest
« on: November 29, 2022, 01:16:01 PM »
Ok this just started happening when I ingest photos I have it apply the local metadata template to the photos I have different snapshots set up for the template. So when I ingest photos of my dog I have it apply my Jax snapshot today when I ingested photos all the photos had a pink color tag applied, I've never seen that before the photos have always ingested with no color tag applied to the photos I'm not sure how this tag is getting applied. If I apply a different metadata template snapshot during ingest the photos load fine with no color tag but eveytime I use my Jax snapshot a pink color tag is applied to the photos. I've looked at the template and I don't see anywhere you can add or remove a color tag during ingest. I had recently edited this snapshot to remove some extra keywords and resaved it but it didn't involve anything with a color tag. I know I can delete this snapshot and create a new one but I'm curious about what's causing the tag to be added in the first place.   Thanks
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Color tags being added to photos during ingest
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 03:45:55 PM »
On my Template (which is all default settings), Color Class is in a section on the bottom left called Image Preferences. If you don't see this on your Metadata Template, please load the snapshot of the Metadata Template that is causing the problem, and then click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the metadata window and save out an XMP file of your template and send it to us. If you'd prefer not top post the file publicly, send it to support@camerabits.com

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Re: Color tags being added to photos during ingest
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 04:44:12 PM »
Ok that helps a lot, I had edited my Metadata  template to streamline it and it didn't show those fields I added them and sure enough the color class was set to pink I'm not sure how it got change from no color class to pink but my theory is I had recently edited the snapshot I use for photos of my dog. I edited it based on the Metadata Info template and I'm guessing it picked up the color class from the Metadata Info Template when I resaved my snapshot. I ended up just deleting that snapshot and creating a new one and now it's working fine with no color class applied. Thanks for your help!
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog