Author Topic: Updating cataloging status of images in contact sheet view  (Read 836 times)

Offline tomo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Updating cataloging status of images in contact sheet view
« on: January 08, 2023, 03:18:27 PM »
It would be helpful if the little green circle in the lower right hand corner of each image frame would update when the image is added to a catalog. On contact sheets with a large number of items, I often use the IPTC template to apply metadata to groups of images. After applying the template to the selection, then adding the selection to the catalog, the "catalog" circle remains clear (not green). This makes it difficult to make another selection to which a different set of metadata can be applied. If the green dot updated at the time the image was added to the catalog, the user could easily tell which images have been cataloged and which have not.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Updating cataloging status of images in contact sheet view
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 09:09:11 AM »
It would be helpful if the little green circle in the lower right hand corner of each image frame would update when the image is added to a catalog. On contact sheets with a large number of items, I often use the IPTC template to apply metadata to groups of images. After applying the template to the selection, then adding the selection to the catalog, the "catalog" circle remains clear (not green). This makes it difficult to make another selection to which a different set of metadata can be applied. If the green dot updated at the time the image was added to the catalog, the user could easily tell which images have been cataloged and which have not.

We'll look into this.  If the indicator isn't changing, then I'd consider it a bug and not a missing feature.

-Kirk

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Updating cataloging status of images in contact sheet view
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 10:57:12 AM »
I just tested a folder of about 150 images and added them all to a catalog. For me, the circle turns green immediately after the operation finishes. I did this by selecting all the items and then choosing "Include Selected Items" from the Catalog menu. Since there are several ways to add items to a catalog, can you specify which method you are using? Other than the green circles, do the other indicators of a successful catalog addition happen (for example, does the folder path for those files appear in Browse tab or if it was already in there, does the file count for that path increase despite the green circles not appearing)?