Author Topic: Transfer Contact Sheet and Data To Another Computer  (Read 706 times)

Offline dougstroud

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Transfer Contact Sheet and Data To Another Computer
« on: December 09, 2022, 07:58:47 PM »
I have an assignment tomorrow. I have pre-populated a new contact sheet prior to the shoot. I would like to transfer it over to my laptop rather than recreating it. Is this possible?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Contact Sheet and Data To Another Computer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 08:15:19 PM »
I’m not really sure what a pre-populated contact sheet is since you’d need images to populate a contact sheet and I’m assuming the images have not been made yet. Do you mean a metadata template?

Offline dougstroud

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 08:18:37 PM »
Images don't need to be made. Starting the ingest process allows for all data entry; filename, metadata template and primary destination have all been created. Once this data is entered closing the Ingest Dialogue box saves this info. I want to transfer this to my laptop.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 09:41:21 PM »
Export the corresponding preferences (hold command [Mac] or ctrl [Win] while clicking to select specific items) of the things you'd like to transfer and then import them to the other computer: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000341456-exporting-photo-mechanic-s-preferences