Author Topic: Play WAV file(s) when multiple photos are selected in the contact sheet  (Read 821 times)

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (7102) | macOS 14.4.1
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
When editing sports on deadlines I often times find it hard to locate the single photo in a large burst that has the audio note WAV "attached."

It would be very helpful if pressing the "a" shortcut key in contact sheet view would play any/all audio notes related to multiple selected files just as it does when only a single file is selected.

This would allow you to select and entire sequence of photos for batch captioning with the template and play the audio note(s) from the selection without having to pinpoint the single photo in the group that has the WAV attached.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Play WAV file(s) when multiple photos are selected in the contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 08:08:37 PM »
Kevin,

When editing sports on deadlines I often times find it hard to locate the single photo in a large burst that has the audio note WAV "attached."

It would be very helpful if pressing the "a" shortcut key in contact sheet view would play any/all audio notes related to multiple selected files just as it does when only a single file is selected.

This would allow you to select and entire sequence of photos for batch captioning with the template and play the audio note(s) from the selection without having to pinpoint the single photo in the group that has the WAV attached.

While this could be added, there is an alternative method that may be of use: "Edit->Select Photos with Audio" which will find and select the images in the contact sheet that have WAV files associated with them.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (7102) | macOS 14.4.1
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
Re: Play WAV file(s) when multiple photos are selected in the contact sheet
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 06:48:27 PM »
Thanks Kirk, I appreciate the suggestion but in this case that doesn't help for my use case. I'm trying to find the one photo with audio from the 30-50 of a sequence in the middle of a contact sheet with 2,000 - 3,000 photos.

Using this function un-selects the group of 30-50 I want selected for batch captioning and selects all photos w/ audio from the entire game.

This might work if "Select Photos with Audio" only selected those out of an existing selection (the one photo with audio from my 30-50 already selected), but that would still mean I'd need to re-select my group in order to batch caption.

My dream workflow would be:
  • Click the first photo in a burst/sequence
  • Scroll until I find the end of that burst/sequence, shift-click it to select the range
  • Press "a" to play any audio notes attached to those photos
  • Press Cmd I (while the audio is still playing) to begin writing my caption for the burst/sequence
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/