Author Topic: Autocomplete Not Working with Leading Characters for Variables/Code Replacement  (Read 630 times)

Offline jkowsky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Autocomplete has stopped working when used in conjunction with leading characters for code replacement and variables. The autocomplete file I'm working off of works as expected without the leading '\' I use for code replacement, but as soon as that is introduced it fails to show the suggestion.  For example if I start to type 'Bil' for Bill Nelson it will show suggestions based on those characters, but if I type '\Bil' to use my code replacement it will not show the autocomplete suggestion.  This is the same for variables, if I type '{mna' for mnap it does not show the autocomplete suggestion, but only typing 'mna' does show mnap} as a suggestion which is of no help without the leading {.  My preferences have remained unchanged with showing autocomplete words from the text file, variables, and iptc/xmp field lists and I have toggled this off and on again to see if that works to no effect.

I am experiencing this issue in PM Version 6 build 6645 (f4860a9) and in PM Plus Version 6 build 6645 (f4860a9). 

I still had PM Plus Version 6 build 6498 (19d779b) and autocomplete functions as it always has previously with the leading characters for code replacement and variables. It was also functioning as expected in the previous regular PM Version 6 build I had installed prior to upgrading.

Offline jkowsky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I should add that autocomplete with the leading characters works as expected in PM Version 6 build 6552 (1b31032).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
This will be fixed in the next build of Photo Mechanic 6 and Photo Mechanic Plus.

-Kirk