Author Topic: 4.5 beta 2 scrolling issues  (Read 5744 times)

Offline danielmiller

• View Profile
4.5 beta 2 scrolling issues
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:09:44 PM »
I just installed 4.5 beta 2 on a Macintosh and am seeing an odd scrolling behavior. I have a macally mouse with a scroll wheel and the proof sheet won't scroll in either direction with one or two slow increments of the scroll wheel. It will scroll if the wheel is spun quickly though.

The wheel functions normally in other applications such as Safari and Mail.

Any ideas?

-Dan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.5 beta 2 scrolling issues
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 01:22:30 PM »
Dan,

I just installed 4.5 beta 2 on a Macintosh and am seeing an odd scrolling behavior. I have a macally mouse with a scroll wheel and the proof sheet won't scroll in either direction with one or two slow increments of the scroll wheel. It will scroll if the wheel is spun quickly though.

It was an attempt to be less sensitive to the mouse wheel on some of the more "active" mice like the Mighty Mouse from Apple.  It will be addressed in the final 4.5.1 version.

-Kirk

Offline danielmiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 01:25:07 PM »
Thanks, Kirk!

-Dan

Offline RobertE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 05:18:01 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Sort of related to this bug but not really!

On my PC I used to be able to scroll in the Preview window through images, delete, then keep scrolling. Now in beta 2 if I delete I lose focus and have to click on the preview to continue scrolling. Does that explanation make sense?

BTW congrats on the new Navigator. It works a treat and is now always open in PM.

-- Robert.

Offline danielmiller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 07:15:14 AM »
Dan,

It was an attempt to be less sensitive to the mouse wheel on some of the more "active" mice like the Mighty Mouse from Apple.  It will be addressed in the final 4.5.1 version.

-Kirk

Even with 4.5.1 out, I'm still having the same issue. Is there a preference I'm missing?

-Dan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 12:28:12 AM »
Dan,

-Kirk

Even with 4.5.1 out, I'm still having the same issue. Is there a preference I'm missing?

PM 4.5.1.1 on Mac OS X now includes a slider that will allow users to adjust the sensitivity of mouse scroll wheel input.

-Kirk