Author Topic: Seting color classes on networked drives  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Seting color classes on networked drives
« on: May 15, 2007, 04:36:31 PM »
Kirk,

I have noticed that if I use PM to open a folder on a network drive and set color classes. Those classes are gone when I open the files on the machine that the drive is installed on. For example, if I use PM on my laptop to open a folder on drive x: (drive x: being a mapped drive on my desktop PC) and set a bunch of color classes for the files and then close PM. When I open the folder on my PC with PM none of the color classes are set.  ???

Can you tell me what I may be doing wrong? Win XP on both machines. Home version on the laptop and pro on the PC.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Seting color classes on networked drives
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 05:45:55 PM »
Eric,

I have noticed that if I use PM to open a folder on a network drive and set color classes. Those classes are gone when I open the files on the machine that the drive is installed on. For example, if I use PM on my laptop to open a folder on drive x: (drive x: being a mapped drive on my desktop PC) and set a bunch of color classes for the files and then close PM. When I open the folder on my PC with PM none of the color classes are set.  ???

Can you tell me what I may be doing wrong? Win XP on both machines. Home version on the laptop and pro on the PC.

What kind of image files are you setting the color class on?

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 06:12:37 PM »
Jpegs

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 07:55:36 PM »
Jpegs

Then all of the edits should be contained within the files themselves.  Are you certain you had proper permission for writing to the files on your laptop?  If you re-open the contact sheet on your laptop, are the color classes set?

To analyze this further, I would need some sample files from you.  Contact me privately for server upload information.

-Kirk