Author Topic: Problem with PM 4.5.1 IPTC updating  (Read 3247 times)

Offline EnslavedByCorgis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problem with PM 4.5.1 IPTC updating
« on: May 17, 2007, 01:59:58 PM »
I downloaded and updated my copy of PM this morning & just finished editing keywords for a large number of photos only to discover a problem. When attempting to modify the IPTC stationary pad for a number of selected photos, the metadata is not being updated when I click on the Apply Stationary to Selected button - the progress bar shows it updating but it isn't. However, when the IPTC stationary pad for one individual photo is selected, changed, and updated the change is applied.

Steve Bull
Sirius Photography

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem with PM 4.5.1 IPTC updating
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 04:12:37 PM »
Hello Steve,

I downloaded and updated my copy of PM this morning & just finished editing keywords for a large number of photos only to discover a problem. When attempting to modify the IPTC stationary pad for a number of selected photos, the metadata is not being updated when I click on the Apply Stationary to Selected button - the progress bar shows it updating but it isn't. However, when the IPTC stationary pad for one individual photo is selected, changed, and updated the change is applied.

Please contact Jerry Hebert at 503-531-8430 about this issue.  He wants to get more information from you since we are unable to reproduce this issue with PM 4.5.1 on our end.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline EnslavedByCorgis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with PM 4.5.1 IPTC updating - Mac reboot fixed problem
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 07:48:04 PM »
Well, rebooting the computer seems to have fixed the problem, not sure why. I had checked quite a lot before posting & couldn't find anything amiss. It's writing IPTC data just fine now, seems to have been a false alarm. Thanks for the quick reply - I should have tried rebooting first thing. I should know by now how rock-solid PM is as much as I use it!

Steve Bull
Sirius Photography