Author Topic: How to STOP warning about opening too many images?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline dell2405

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to STOP warning about opening too many images?
« on: January 24, 2023, 10:32:50 PM »
I keep getting the warning about whether I am sure I want to open so many photos at once even though I set maximum amount of photos to edit at once without warning to 100.  This happens even if I try to open 30-40 at a time so they can be sent to Capture One for processing.  Using 6738 build.  Can we actually have an option to turn this warning off in a future version of PM?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to STOP warning about opening too many images?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 07:27:15 AM »
I keep getting the warning about whether I am sure I want to open so many photos at once even though I set maximum amount of photos to edit at once without warning to 100.  This happens even if I try to open 30-40 at a time so they can be sent to Capture One for processing.  Using 6738 build.  Can we actually have an option to turn this warning off in a future version of PM?

Is this on macOS or Windows?

Are your photos paired (RAW+JPEG)?

Are you launching with a particular app, or letting PM decide which app(s) to use?

-Kirk

Offline dell2405

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 08:42:07 AM »
I am only shooting RAW and have Capture One 23 as launched app for .ARW. Using Macbook M1 Max with 64gb on OS X 13.1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 08:48:38 AM »
I am only shooting RAW and have Capture One 23 as launched app for .ARW. Using Macbook M1 Max with 64gb on OS X 13.1

OK, what command are you using to edit your photos?  "Edit Photos" on the Image menu?  "Edit photo" on the right-click contextual menu?

-Kirk

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 01:09:07 PM »
Settings -> Launching -> Maximum number of photos to edit at once.
I set it to 200, so I only get a warning when it is over that

Offline dell2405

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 06:39:35 PM »
I use shortcut command E.

OK, what command are you using to edit your photos?  "Edit Photos" on the Image menu?  "Edit photo" on the right-click contextual menu?

-Kirk

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 11:47:31 AM »
I am not able to get this issue to occur. Photo Mechanic always follows what I have set in Preferences. Is there any scenario where it doesn't give you the warning?  Ror example, if you select 2 images and use the shortcut, does it still warn you? If you set the maximum to 500 (which is the limit of what it will allow) and use the same set of 30 or 40 items that were previously giving you the warning, do you still get the warning?