Author Topic: Ingest the latest images first  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Jeff Vogan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest the latest images first
« on: February 07, 2023, 08:34:16 AM »
Currently it appears that images are ingested in the order that they were taken.  It would be helpful if it was reversed so that the most recent images were ingested first. 

When covering a golf tournament, for example, if I shoot 1,000 images in a day, the trophy ceremony will be the last images taken and therefore the last images ingested.  If you reversed the order, the trophy award ceremony would be ingested first and I could get those images to the wire service faster.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Ingest the latest images first
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 10:59:44 AM »
Some other requests along this line appear here in this older thread, though I am not sure if there are technical limitations. Just posting this link for reference

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=5220.0

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 11:48:12 AM »
Currently it appears that images are ingested in the order that they were taken.  It would be helpful if it was reversed so that the most recent images were ingested first. 

When covering a golf tournament, for example, if I shoot 1,000 images in a day, the trophy ceremony will be the last images taken and therefore the last images ingested.  If you reversed the order, the trophy award ceremony would be ingested first and I could get those images to the wire service faster.

My work around for this situation was to use a different card for the trophy presentations ingest that card first followed by the rest of the shoot. Doing it this way I am able to select/edit and transmit presentation shots immediately.  Not sure how much faster it would be if the app would need calculate the sort order.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 08:01:31 AM »
I agree with Romeo that the time it would take to scan the card to determine the ingest order would probably negate the gains you are searching for. My trophy workflow is to tag the trophy shots and ingest ONLY the tagged images to a folder inside the main event folder called TAG. That lets me work those shots fast while PM ingests the whole card into the root folder in the background.

Offline Josh Barber

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.joshbarber.com
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 03:06:55 PM »
If you are not using a sequence number the behavior has been to download tagged images first

Jeff I know you create a lot of directories on the card to organize your images. (Which by the way thank you! such a great innovation) Does it download in the order shot or alphabetically by folder path?