Author Topic: An option to set the FTP account to NULL  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
An option to set the FTP account to NULL
« on: February 09, 2023, 07:41:09 AM »
Hi Kirk,

It has been a VERY long time since I asked for a feature, and I know that this was covered many years ago without (AFAIK) resolution.  What I would like is a checkbox or button that would cause the FTP account to reset to a NULL each time PM is started. I had an incident yesterday where I screwed up and sent 30 images to the wrong FTP account. I get that it is totally on me, but at the same time can't help to think that a safety switch would have saved me hours this morning cleaning up my mess.

A second idea would be to have a user supplied icon displayed for each of the FTP accounts. Say AP's logo, USAT's logo, NYT etc. That would also be a great visual trigger to 'show' what server is being logged into. I don't know about anyone else but old eyes coupled with 4k screens and the uber tiny fonts are just combining to make like more complicated than needed. 

Thanks for considering it!

Eric

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (7102) | macOS 14.4.1
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
Re: An option to set the FTP account to NULL
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 11:52:57 AM »
I've done the same thing. The icon idea is a really interesting one.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 01:18:55 PM »
Thanks Kevin, I was trying to come up with a way that people who are 'visual' by their very nature could get a visual cue of what FTP accout was active. Figure that it would take much for us to grab a small png if each client's logo that could be displayed in place of the text.  Hoping the powers to be at PM weigh in.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 10:20:19 AM »
We are exploring ways to improve the uploader in future versions of Photo Mechanic. We think this is a great idea and we'll look into incorporating a graphical element to help you identify what uploader and account you are sending to (and possibly some way to default to having to manually pick the account).

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 12:37:31 PM »
Splendid! Those of us going into our senior years need all the help we can muster....

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 08:52:42 AM »
Welp seeing as there is a 'new' subscription version in the works... I'd like to bring this to the top again as it never made it into PM6