Author Topic: Maybe its old age but...  (Read 675 times)

Offline louismccullagh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Maybe its old age but...
« on: February 15, 2023, 02:37:12 AM »
I find the way the INFO panel comes up as my arrow moves over an image in the contact sheet. It obscures the next image which is generally the one image I am keen to see (in comparison to the one with the INFO showing.
I know I can put the arrow off screen but I am quickly making a decision on previewing or editing images and prefer to see and select an image immediately.
Can I turn the INFO panel off, I can see it if I wish in preview but truthfully its the image I am interested in not the statistics.

Has it always been like this, is it just my grumpiness is growing too much?

Thank you

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Maybe its old age but...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 08:19:38 AM »
I find the way the INFO panel comes up as my arrow moves over an image in the contact sheet. It obscures the next image which is generally the one image I am keen to see (in comparison to the one with the INFO showing.
I know I can put the arrow off screen but I am quickly making a decision on previewing or editing images and prefer to see and select an image immediately.
Can I turn the INFO panel off, I can see it if I wish in preview but truthfully its the image I am interested in not the statistics.

Has it always been like this, is it just my grumpiness is growing too much?

It is off by default so you must have turned it on at some point.  You can turn it off by selecting the "Show Info Tooltips" item on the View menu.  There is also a keyboard shortcut for toggling the feature.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline louismccullagh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe its old age but...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 02:34:11 PM »
Thank you Kirk