Author Topic: PM 4.5.1 - Refresh does not work  (Read 5463 times)

Offline jhclare

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4.5.1 - Refresh does not work
« on: May 17, 2007, 06:23:57 AM »
Hi,

Just downloaded 4.5.1 and I've noticed that when a new file is created in a directory that is open as a contact sheet, the contact sheet no longer refreshes to show the new image. I'm sure it used to do this automatically.

I've even tried Refresh and it still does not show the new image.

I have to close the sheet and re-open it!

Any ideas?

John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.5.1 - Refresh does not work
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 06:58:29 AM »
John,

Just downloaded 4.5.1 and I've noticed that when a new file is created in a directory that is open as a contact sheet, the contact sheet no longer refreshes to show the new image. I'm sure it used to do this automatically.

I've even tried Refresh and it still does not show the new image.

I have to close the sheet and re-open it!

I just tested it on Mac OS X (you didn't mention your OS) and it worked immediately when I copied a new image into the folder I was browsing via the Finder.

What OS are you running?  What was the name of the file that you created?  How did you create the new file?

-Kirk

Offline jhclare

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 08:55:09 AM »
Hi,

Sorry - very silly of me!

Using OS X, version 10.4.9.

File was being created by scanning software (Vuescan).

It seems to work fine now. Will let you know if it happens again!

Regards,

John

Offline AP_LA

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4.5.2 and older can't refresh and see new pictures via F5 anymore.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 05:23:25 PM »
PM 4.5.2 and 4.4.3.3 here at Los Angeles Associated Press will not update new pics in a shared folder viewed in contact sheet when hitting F5 or selecting "Refresh" does not work anymore. Our photogs never noticed this before because they look at ingested disks which create a new folder. We are trying to see added pics in shared folders that keep their name though. We run XP SP2 on Dell D610s. Three laptops show this issue. We have to minimise and maximise PM screen to see newer pics FTPing into a shared file or go into a picture by selecting it from contact sheet then hit esc key to go back to contact sheet then we see the newer pictures coming into that shared folder. Is anyone else having the F5 problem updating view to see added pics in a named shared folder? This was working at Oscars fine but is not now. This problem occured a couple years ago at Rose Bowl. I removed PM and reinstalled-no help. I closed it and restarted. Please advise.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.5.2 and older can't refresh and see new pictures via F5 anymore.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 07:03:10 PM »
PM 4.5.2 and 4.4.3.3 here at Los Angeles Associated Press will not update new pics in a shared folder viewed in contact sheet when hitting F5 or selecting "Refresh" does not work anymore. Our photogs never noticed this before because they look at ingested disks which create a new folder. We are trying to see added pics in shared folders that keep their name though. We run XP SP2 on Dell D610s. Three laptops show this issue. We have to minimise and maximise PM screen to see newer pics FTPing into a shared file or go into a picture by selecting it from contact sheet then hit esc key to go back to contact sheet then we see the newer pictures coming into that shared folder. Is anyone else having the F5 problem updating view to see added pics in a named shared folder? This was working at Oscars fine but is not now. This problem occured a couple years ago at Rose Bowl. I removed PM and reinstalled-no help. I closed it and restarted. Please advise.

You need to use "Rescan" from the File menu.  "Refresh" just reapplies filters and re-sorts the Contact Sheet.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 03:11:08 AM »
I'm on the other end of the storry: PM 4.5.2 allways refreshes the folders after switching tasks (I often use some image viewing application together with PM to check a whole image or a part of it on an other monitor in full screen). Since I usually view thousands of images per contact sheet using more than one filterings, it allways takes for seconds to switch applications and I find it unnecesarry since these actions of mine don't change content shown by PM. So I would rather turn off this auto refresh and use F5 when needed instead. Is it possibile or should I request it as a feature?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 09:45:46 AM »
I'm on the other end of the storry: PM 4.5.2 allways refreshes the folders after switching tasks (I often use some image viewing application together with PM to check a whole image or a part of it on an other monitor in full screen). Since I usually view thousands of images per contact sheet using more than one filterings, it allways takes for seconds to switch applications and I find it unnecesarry since these actions of mine don't change content shown by PM. So I would rather turn off this auto refresh and use F5 when needed instead. Is it possibile or should I request it as a feature?

The next version of PM will have some improvements to minimize the automatic rescans when switching in and out of PM.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 08:46:31 AM »
You must be tired to hear allways the same: thanks for the great work!
,-))
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com