Author Topic: Please Make Folder Numbers Persistent During Live Ingest  (Read 909 times)

Offline ajward

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Please Make Folder Numbers Persistent During Live Ingest
« on: February 28, 2023, 09:58:23 PM »
I'm broadcasting via WIFI FTP Server to a single "Watch" folder on my laptop. Multiple cameras are sending photos to the FTP server run by the laptop. However, I need to be able to take advantage of hotcodes to auto assign photos based upon the folders selected in the cameras. Each folder corresponds to different athletes captured during gymnastics meets. Unfortunately, the folder numbers are not propagated from the cameras to the destination folder during Live Ingest (I think the temp Live Ingest folder does not see the folder numbers because the FTP process ignores the folder numbers). I end up with a destination folder filled with all of the athletes images, instead of the multiple folders created during the standard ingest process where the memory cards are placed in card readers attached to the target system.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Please Make Folder Numbers Persistent During Live Ingest
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 10:18:07 AM »
I'm not sure what we would be able to add to Photo Mechanic to make this work for you. Live Ingest has the option under "Source Directory Structure" to "Preserve all Source Directories", so if the images appear in the Live Ingest source folder inside of their own folder, Photo Mechanic will maintain that folder when it Ingests the images, but if the images are appearing directly in the root source folder, Photo Mechanic will have no idea about what folder they were contained in on the camera. If I am understanding your request correctly, it would be up to the Camera or FTP server software to create the appropriately named folder in the source folder for Photo Mechanic's Live Ingest to work with when the images arrive.

Offline PeterM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 02:29:48 AM »
I recently took a workshop with Jeff Vogan (Camera Bits Ambassador), and this seems like the kind of situation he would have a solution for, or at least some strong ideas. And I learned lots of other useful things. https://www.jeffvoganphotography.com/Workshops Highly recommended

Offline Josh Barber

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.joshbarber.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 03:00:35 PM »
It sounds like the original poster would need to set their camera to preserve folder directory when FTP which I am pretty sure is possible with most brands; it definitely is with  Nikon and Canon

Then the poster would need to add every single possible folder they may send to in the Live Ingest Source Folders.

What Photo Mechanic could do to make it easier would be an option to include all subfolders of the Live Ingest Source Folder, and to be honest this I don't know that this isn't already be the behavior of Live Ingest