Author Topic: Personal note on ingest  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Raphael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Personal note on ingest
« on: March 03, 2023, 06:39:06 AM »
I ingest using PM and applying local template per subject/shot etc...
Once ingested, I work on the Caption etc...
This question may sound weird....sorry to ask.
I'd like to have a field in which I could write "personal notes" about the picture. As an example, I just took some pics of a guy on the beach. I need to write captions of this picture and I would also like to keep is details (he gave me his name, email and phone number) so that I can send him some pics later.
When the post-processing is done, I send JPG files with attached metadata (but of course, I don't want my personal notes to be attached).
What field would you use ?
Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Personal note on ingest
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 09:19:30 AM »
I ingest using PM and applying local template per subject/shot etc...
Once ingested, I work on the Caption etc...
This question may sound weird....sorry to ask.
I'd like to have a field in which I could write "personal notes" about the picture. As an example, I just took some pics of a guy on the beach. I need to write captions of this picture and I would also like to keep is details (he gave me his name, email and phone number) so that I can send him some pics later.
When the post-processing is done, I send JPG files with attached metadata (but of course, I don't want my personal notes to be attached).
What field would you use ?

There is no field that is 'private'.  But you could use any field you like (suitable for text, not one of the numeric/date ones) and when you do your final save as or upload, apply a Metadata (IPTC) Template that clears out that field.  Your copy of the image will continue to have the data, but the uploaded/saved one will not.

HTH,

-Kirk