Author Topic: Crash with no warning when dragging from PM6 plus to PS 24.1  (Read 962 times)

Offline njonjoska

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Crash with no warning when dragging from PM6 plus to PS 24.1
« on: March 07, 2023, 09:03:00 AM »

PM6+ 6.0.6738 is crashing every time I drag images to PS.  There is no warning, or log capture opportunity, it just closes. No warning or no report or request of sending reports shows once reopened.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crash with no warning when dragging from PM6 plus to PS 24.1
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 09:13:17 AM »
For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline olidie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 10:17:31 PM »
I am having the same issue. PM more often than not crashed when I drag picture to another program, e.g. browser or email software. Experiencing this on a Windows 10 desktop and a Win 11 Laptop. Newst PM Plus Version.

Online ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 11:48:31 AM »
I've found that this crash seems to happen when dragging to the Taskbar (and more accurately it always happens the second time I try to drag to the task bar). I believe we are going to look into a fix but I am curious if you are also dragging to the task bar when the crash happens. If are you, what if you switch to Photoshop by using alt-tab on your keyboard rather than dragging to the task bar? Does that avoid the crash.

Offline olidie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 01:01:18 AM »
I've found that this crash seems to happen when dragging to the Taskbar (and more accurately it always happens the second time I try to drag to the task bar). I believe we are going to look into a fix but I am curious if you are also dragging to the task bar when the crash happens. If are you, what if you switch to Photoshop by using alt-tab on your keyboard rather than dragging to the task bar? Does that avoid the crash.

Sorry for my late answer. Yes, it only happens when dragging to taskbar, not when using alt-tab.

Oliver

Online ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2023, 11:22:22 AM »

Sorry for my late answer. Yes, it only happens when dragging to taskbar, not when using alt-tab.

Oliver

The crash when dragging to the taskbar should be resolved in the next update we release Photo Mechanic 6 and Photo Mechanic Plus