Author Topic: ITPC READABILITY IN fotostation  (Read 6846 times)

Offline Michael B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ITPC READABILITY IN fotostation
« on: May 18, 2007, 01:26:56 PM »
currently sending images with embedded ITPC data from photo mechanic to small paper using fotostation 4.5 and they are having a hard time reading it.  anyone have this same problem or similar?  Options?  They also can't seem to read Lightroom data.  Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: ITPC READABILITY IN fotostation
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:44:48 PM »
currently sending images with embedded ITPC data from photo mechanic to small paper using fotostation 4.5 and they are having a hard time reading it.  anyone have this same problem or similar?  Options?  They also can't seem to read Lightroom data.  Thanks

What do you mean by "they are having a hard time reading it"?  Fotostation cannot find the IPTC/XMP data?  Character translation issues?

-Kirk

Offline Michael B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 05:24:17 PM »
Paper ( fotostation)can never see / read embedded captions.  I have to rewrite into body of emails.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 05:26:41 PM »
Paper ( fotostation)can never see / read embedded captions.  I have to rewrite into body of emails.

We write out IPTC data in JPEGs in the standard way.  I suggest contacting the Fotostation folks for assistance.

-Kirk

Offline RobertE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 02:36:09 AM »
Hi,

FotoStation 4.5 was released in 2001. Gently suggest to your client that they update their software.

Fotoware products are popular in European newspapers. The early versions of their products were virtually a closed loop using proprietary end tags to store data in files. With JPEG and 8 bit TIFF files FotoStation is supposed to read/write to standard fields. Some applications like IMatch can convert Fotoware end tags and put them into the correct location.

-- Robert.

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 04:28:53 PM »
I guess you should look at this thread
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=1626.0
using the latest version of PM on win10