Author Topic: editing problems with tab separated text stationery keywords field  (Read 3522 times)

Offline jjlists123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Windows XP, PM 4.5.1.1

I copy/pasted some tab separated keywords from another application into the stationary keywords field in PM (open stationery pad, click in keywords field, paste). After pasting the text, I am seeing unusual editing behavior.

After the paste operation, no text is visible, but if you cursor left, it appears.
There is a space between the keywords (as expected), but a vertical line appears as well. This tabbed horizontal space and the vertical line are impossible to remove.
If you cursor to the end of a keyword and press DEL, the 'tab character' is NOT deleted.  Nothing happens at all. The keystrokes are ignored.
If you place the cursor just before a keyword and press BACKSPACE, nothing happens.  No editing is possible and keystrokes are ignored.
It seems the DEL and BACKSPACE keys are ignored at tab word boundaries.

Is there a way to edit the tab characters?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: editing problems with tab separated text stationery keywords field
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 06:45:14 PM »
Windows XP, PM 4.5.1.1

I copy/pasted some tab separated keywords from another application into the stationary keywords field in PM (open stationery pad, click in keywords field, paste). After pasting the text, I am seeing unusual editing behavior.

After the paste operation, no text is visible, but if you cursor left, it appears.
There is a space between the keywords (as expected), but a vertical line appears as well. This tabbed horizontal space and the vertical line are impossible to remove.
If you cursor to the end of a keyword and press DEL, the 'tab character' is NOT deleted.  Nothing happens at all. The keystrokes are ignored.
If you place the cursor just before a keyword and press BACKSPACE, nothing happens.  No editing is possible and keystrokes are ignored.
It seems the DEL and BACKSPACE keys are ignored at tab word boundaries.

Is there a way to edit the tab characters?

Where did this text come from?

You can use the {tab} variable to expand to a tab character.

-Kirk

Offline jjlists123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: editing problems with tab separated text stationery keywords field
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 07:26:21 PM »
From a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet of keywords.

I found a work around.
If I copy/paste into another application first (notepad.exe, email program, etc), I can then reselect the text from that 2nd application, then copy/paste into PM.