Author Topic: how to find images WITHOUT any keywords?  (Read 5947 times)

Offline jjlists123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
how to find images WITHOUT any keywords?
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:38:42 PM »
I am attempting to keyword all my images, but I find myself in a situation where some of the images are keyworded and some are not...  and I don't know which is which!

Is there some way to search and find only those images which have NO keywords?

Also, is there any way to show each thumbnail with it's keyword information below it?  I am finding it difficult to determine which keywords have been applied to an image - without viewing each one separately, one at a time.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: how to find images WITHOUT any keywords?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 06:42:21 PM »
I am attempting to keyword all my images, but I find myself in a situation where some of the images are keyworded and some are not...  and I don't know which is which!

Is there some way to search and find only those images which have NO keywords?

Also, is there any way to show each thumbnail with it's keyword information below it?  I am finding it difficult to determine which keywords have been applied to an image - without viewing each one separately, one at a time.

In the Contact Sheet tab of the Preferences dialog, add the {keywords} variable to one of the Thumbnail labels.  Now you should be able to see which images have keywords and those that do not.

-Kirk

Offline jjlists123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 08:28:40 PM »
Thanks, that works perfectly.

Offline kwell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 04:36:31 AM »
To find images with no keywords at all, do the following:

In contact sheet view, click on the "Sort by:" pull-down menu.
Select "Edit Custom..."
Under "Primary" enter "{keywords}"
(Optional: If you wish, you can change the name of the search to reflect this change, or you can save it as a snapshot by clicking on the lightning bolt.)
Click OK

Now your images will be sorted according to their keywords. Images without any keywords will appear first.

Kevin