Author Topic: can ingest create directories?  (Read 25482 times)

Offline jlayman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: can ingest create directories?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 05:23:10 PM »
Ed

Have you tried selecting a set of images from within PM and then applying an updated IPTC Stationary Pad to your selected set?

Have a look at http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php for workflow ideas.  I am adapting their concepts to my needs.

Let us know if you find another workflow discussion group.

Jim

Offline Jonzinator

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 10:27:45 AM »

Please note that I didn't say that it wouldn't be useful.  I only said that I never have received such a request.  I completely agree that having the ability to create predefined "project" folders would be a real help for this type of workflow.

You're the first to mention it and request it in the several years that I have been working on Photo Mechanic...

-Kirk
[/quote]

I would like to request this option...:)  I use DL Pro and would love to do everything with in PM.   Here is what I have created for a workflow that requires empty folders.

I have the root be the Customer name....

SAM_RACHAEL
--BW
--COLOR
--SEPIA
--JPGS
--WEB

As I edit the job the images get sorted into there proper folders so i can process them accordingly.  I then move the root folder through a series of folders that designate the location of the job at that point.    My system is much more complicated but this is a good example.  I currerntly have 20 folders created in every job and glad DL does it for me.

But a feature that I wish add was the ability to save folder creation preferences.   For example have a folder system for weddings and a different for sports and landscape.   Each job has a specific workflow and custom folders are needed.

Thanks for listening.....

Troy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »
But a feature that I wish add was the ability to save folder creation preferences.   For example have a folder system for weddings and a different for sports and landscape.   Each job has a specific workflow and custom folders are needed.

When we add the feature it will have multiple settings.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 03:43:59 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline arossphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 03:20:55 PM »
When we add feature it will have multiple settings.

-Kirk

I see there have been several new versions since I last tried the demo. Was any progress ever made on this feature?

Thanks,

Andrew

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 03:43:38 PM »
Andrew,

When we add the feature it will have multiple settings.

I see there have been several new versions since I last tried the demo. Was any progress ever made on this feature?

No, it did not make it into 4.5.

-Kirk