Author Topic: Closed: Auto-complete for keywords (and other IPTC fields)  (Read 4543 times)

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Would it be possible to enhance the keyword IPTC field to have some sort of auto-complete and/or restrict functionality?  What I mean is:
  • Automatically complete input. That is, you type a few characters and you automatically get the first match from the keyword list as a suggestion.  Of course you need to be able to override the hint  ::) 
  • As an optional extra, one should be able to specify that only keywords from the keyword list are allowed.
This feature would greatly improve the workflow with respect to keywording files.  It can furthermore be used to keep keyword tags uniform across all your images.

By the way Lightroom has the auto-complete feature for keywords and there it works quite well (don't like many other things about it though ;D).

Note: of course this feature could be enabled for any of the IPTC fields  8)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:23:17 PM by Hayo Baan »
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Auto-complete for keywords (and other IPTC fields)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 07:32:16 PM »
I find this auto-complete a really good idea (I love it in my mailing software too).

But it would be also a good alternative (or an addition maybe) to have the option to drop down the keyword menu to choose one (like drop down menus work in the OS).

And I would be happy to see a Copy and Paste option in the right click context menu of the IPTC fields to help entering info with the mouse.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline damon.moritz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-complete for keywords (and other IPTC fields)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 03:08:38 PM »
I'd love to see this with CVKC too. In other words if a certain word or set of words is typed in the caption, then another set of words populates the keyword block from the CVKC document.

So for our use if "USS Nimitz" is typed in the caption then "CVN 69, aircraft carrier and ship" is loaded in the keywords