Author Topic: Actual slide frame and background differentiation  (Read 9871 times)

Offline tobin73

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Actual slide frame and background differentiation
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:57:36 AM »
Why don't the slide frames differ in color from the actual background (light-table)? Instead we just have a black outline of the slide frame. Even on an actual light table the slide frames are opaque with bright light coming in between other slides. I just feel the GUI should feel more like an actual light table.

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Re: Actual slide frame and background differentiation
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 01:37:07 PM »
you can customize all the colors yourself...

Preferences--->Contact Sheet--->Colors

Delane
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline jimb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 04:37:59 PM »
But I don't believe you can do what the OP is asking for. The color of an unselected image frame and the background color is always the same. It's as if the slide frame is transparent. If there's a way I would like to know what it is, because I would also like to be able to set a different background color.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 05:08:16 PM »
Jim,

But I don't believe you can do what the OP is asking for. The color of an unselected image frame and the background color is always the same. It's as if the slide frame is transparent. If there's a way I would like to know what it is, because I would also like to be able to set a different background color.

You're correct.  There is no non-selected background cell color.  The background of the contact sheet shows through.  Easy enough for me to add a cell background color that is different from the contact sheet background color.

-Kirk

Offline jimb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 04:30:37 AM »
Jim,

You're correct.  There is no non-selected background cell color.  The background of the contact sheet shows through.  Easy enough for me to add a cell background color that is different from the contact sheet background color.

-Kirk

Kirk,
Adding a color choice for the contact sheet background (i.e., the "light table") would address this, and wouldn't require a change to the existing color selections that refer to the image frame. Personally I feel this would be a useful addition. Thanks.

BTW, what's a "Selected set:"? I've messed a little with color changes for this and didn't see where it shows up. Couldn't find it in the 4.4 manual, either.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 06:30:44 AM »
Jim,

BTW, what's a "Selected set:"? I've messed a little with color changes for this and didn't see where it shows up. Couldn't find it in the 4.4 manual, either.

It is the background color assigned to the selected thumbnails in the thumbnail gallery of the Preview window when you enter it with a set of selected images.

-Kirk

Offline tobin73

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 09:50:38 AM »
Thanks Jim for clarifying what I was talking about and thanks Kirk for being willing to update that feature. When do you think it might make it in to the mix? Thanks guys and sorry about not responding to my own post in a while. I don't make it on here often.

Tobin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 10:51:56 AM »
Tobin,

Thanks Jim for clarifying what I was talking about and thanks Kirk for being willing to update that feature. When do you think it might make it in to the mix? Thanks guys and sorry about not responding to my own post in a while. I don't make it on here often.

Probably in the next update to 4.5.  When?  I don't exactly know just yet.

-Kirk