Photo Mechanic > Support

Epson RD-1 Raw files

(1/1)

mikebrice:
I am enjoying the latest update and the ability to make jpegs from Raw files. However, I have a Epson RD-1 digital rangefinder and PM does not appear to support the RAW file conversion. Is there a plan to support this or is it not possible because of the low res jpeg embedded in the RAW file by Epson.

Thanks

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: mikebrice on May 18, 2006, 01:51:59 PM ---I am enjoying the latest update and the ability to make jpegs from Raw files. However, I have a Epson RD-1 digital rangefinder and PM does not appear to support the RAW file conversion. Is there a plan to support this or is it not possible because of the low res jpeg embedded in the RAW file by Epson.
--- End quote ---

It's a matter of getting Apple to support it.  We use the Mac OS X ImageIO framework to render RAW files on the Mac version of Photo Mechanic.  Apple does not currently support ERF files.

I suppose you could send an email to Apple, requesting that they support your camera.

-Kirk

mikebrice:
Kirk,

Thanks for the reply. I am guessing I might not get the same great customer service I get here from Apple.

I'll be happy to shoot in jpeg with the camera. and use the Raw plug-in for PhotoShop on occassion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version