Author Topic: Demo version - is Photomechanic Help suppose to be empty?  (Read 4642 times)

Offline Thomas Pickard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Pickard Photography
Demo version - is Photomechanic Help suppose to be empty?
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:11:34 PM »
Just running the demo through it's paces. I'm on Mac 10.3.9 and I just wanted to do a help search through PM by clicking on 'Help', then 'Photomechanic Help'. While it brings up the Mac Help thingy, it doesn't actually bring up any results for any search term I type.

So, is this because I'm on a demo version? or is it a case that PM doesn't have help notes loaded with it?

I did find the 4.4 manual in this forum, which I am just downloading, but it would be good to know either way.

One other thing, how many people are actually behind the development of PM?

Thanks. T

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Demo version - is Photomechanic Help suppose to be empty?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 06:46:57 AM »
Thomas,

Just running the demo through it's paces. I'm on Mac 10.3.9 and I just wanted to do a help search through PM by clicking on 'Help', then 'Photomechanic Help'. While it brings up the Mac Help thingy, it doesn't actually bring up any results for any search term I type.

So, is this because I'm on a demo version? or is it a case that PM doesn't have help notes loaded with it?

There should be three links:

Demo And Registration
Help Pages
Camera Bits Website

The pages are not indexed so that little search item does not find results.

Our demos are no different than the full registered version of Photo Mechanic other than the fact that the Demo expires after 20 days.

Quote from: Thomas Pickard
I did find the 4.4 manual in this forum, which I am just downloading, but it would be good to know either way.

One other thing, how many people are actually behind the development of PM?

An actual count of developers is not something we reveal publicly.  Let's just say we're a highly-devoted small company.

-Kirk