Author Topic: Epson RD-1 Raw files  (Read 7693 times)

Offline mikebrice

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Epson RD-1 Raw files
« on: May 18, 2006, 01:51:59 PM »
I am enjoying the latest update and the ability to make jpegs from Raw files. However, I have a Epson RD-1 digital rangefinder and PM does not appear to support the RAW file conversion. Is there a plan to support this or is it not possible because of the low res jpeg embedded in the RAW file by Epson.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Epson RD-1 Raw files
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 01:57:51 PM »
I am enjoying the latest update and the ability to make jpegs from Raw files. However, I have a Epson RD-1 digital rangefinder and PM does not appear to support the RAW file conversion. Is there a plan to support this or is it not possible because of the low res jpeg embedded in the RAW file by Epson.

It's a matter of getting Apple to support it.  We use the Mac OS X ImageIO framework to render RAW files on the Mac version of Photo Mechanic.  Apple does not currently support ERF files.

I suppose you could send an email to Apple, requesting that they support your camera.

-Kirk

Offline mikebrice

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Epson RD-1 Raw files
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 05:44:47 AM »
Kirk,

Thanks for the reply. I am guessing I might not get the same great customer service I get here from Apple.

I'll be happy to shoot in jpeg with the camera. and use the Raw plug-in for PhotoShop on occassion.