Author Topic: Mass selection of photos/choosing photos one through 50 with a single click  (Read 3551 times)

Offline tcraft

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Is it possible say, for example I am shooting  a rodeo, and I know that on my card pictures one through 50 are barrel racing and 51 through 100.  Are team roping .

Is there a way I can select one through 50 and 51 through 100 quickly in a couple of steps without having to select them all individually?

I just need to break up my events quickly and easily without having to click on every image,

Thanks, Shawn Coleman

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Shawn,

Is it possible say, for example I am shooting  a rodeo, and I know that on my card pictures one through 50 are barrel racing and 51 through 100.  Are team roping .

Is there a way I can select one through 50 and 51 through 100 quickly in a couple of steps without having to select them all individually?

I just need to break up my events quickly and easily without having to click on every image.

Generally you click on the first image and release the mouse button, and then scroll to the last image, then hold down the Shift key and click and release the mouse button on the last image.

The Contact Sheet tab of the Preferences dialog lets you choose which keys toggle selection and extend selection.

-Kirk

Offline roccitman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Bumping this:

Would love to be able to select photos in a normal way, using command and arrow keys. I hate using the mouse to select anything, really slows down my process.

Any chance this is either in there and I just don't see how or will be added to future revs?

Basically, need to select photos quickly without using the mouse.

Using PM 4.5.4 on OS X Snow Leopard. Aluminum MacBook (late 2008)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:35:37 PM by roccitman »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Would love to be able to select photos in a normal way, using command and arrow keys. I hate using the mouse to select anything, really slows down my process.

Any chance this is either in there and I just don't see how or will be added to future revs?

Basically, need to select photos quickly without using the mouse.

Using PM 4.5.4 on OS X Snow Leopard. Aluminum MacBook (late 2008)

Try using Shift and the Arrow keys.  Works for me on Photo Mechanic 4.6.4 (beta).

-Kirk

Offline roccitman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thanks Kirk. How can I get the beta?

[EDIT] NM, Works in 4.6.3!
thanks again
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:39:05 PM by roccitman »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Thanks Kirk. How can I get the beta?

It's available in the Announcements section of the forums.  But your 4.5.4 version should be able to do it, I think.  With no photos selected, pressing the right arrow key once will select the first image in the contact sheet.  Pressing the arrow keys will move the selection around.  Holding the Shift key and pressing arrow keys will extend the selection.  Using Shift up/down arrow will select up/down to the next line.

-Kirk