Author Topic: Opening pics in Photoshop through preview window?  (Read 4121 times)

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Opening pics in Photoshop through preview window?
« on: May 29, 2007, 04:45:06 AM »
Hi,

I cannot drag thumbnails from preview window to the Photoshop icon in the taskbar on a Mac. Is there a solution for this?

I am using PM 4.5.11 and Mac.

-Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Opening pics in Photoshop through preview window?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 06:40:44 AM »
Hilmar,

I cannot drag thumbnails from preview window to the Photoshop icon in the taskbar on a Mac. Is there a solution for this?

I am using PM 4.5.11 and Mac.

There are several ways to send a photo to edit with a desired application:

Use the Edit button in the toolbar.
Type the 'e' key (shortcut for the edit button)
Right-click on the image to get the context menu to appear (Ctrl-click on a single button mouse) and then choose:
   Edit
   Edit photo with (a submenu will appear that will let you choose from among your assigned applications)

Drag and drop could be supported, but it is pretty clunky when a single keystroke will suffice.

Please make sure you set up your applications using the settings in the Launching tab of the Preferences dialog.  You can setup a default application for all files, and you can assign a specific editing application for each file type supported by Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 07:15:15 AM »
Ahh,

Thanks Kirk, I did not see the Launching tab. I have one more question if I may.

In Adobe Bridge there is a option of opening all formats in Camera Raw window. "Open in Camera Raw". it works for jpg and other formats. Is it possible to do this in PM?

Thanks,
-Hilmar
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:31:17 AM by hilmartor »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 07:47:19 AM »
Hilmar,

Ahh,

Thanks Kirk, I did not see the Launching tab. I have one more question if I may.

In Adobe Bridge there is a option of opening all formats in Camera Raw window. "Open in Camera Raw". it works for jpg and other formats. Is it possible to do this in PM?

I don't think JPEGs will be opened in Camera RAW, but other RAW formats will.  Simply assign Photoshop as the editor for your RAW files and when sent to Photoshop, Camera RAW will open them.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:18:03 AM »
Hi again Kirk,

It is a new function in Adobe Bridge CS3 (Open in Camera Raw) it works for JPG files as we´ll.

So now way of implementing it into PM (open as)?

-Hilmar