Author Topic: Ingesting  (Read 5526 times)

Offline dell8844

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingesting
« on: May 29, 2007, 06:29:18 AM »
Hi

Is it possible when ingesting Files from an existing folder or disc with the option, "create a folder with date and named folder", to have the dated folder with the date that the images were taken, At the moment it creates a folder with the current date in this format 20070529, also is it possible to change the date format

Thanks Dell

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingesting
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 06:50:52 AM »
Dell,

Is it possible when ingesting Files from an existing folder or disc with the option, "create a folder with date and named folder", to have the dated folder with the date that the images were taken, At the moment it creates a folder with the current date in this format 20070529, also is it possible to change the date format

Yes.  Change the "Copy Photos:" popup menu to "into folder with name" and then in the "Folder Name:" field use variables to describe the date format you wish to use.  You didn't specify what date format you wanted, but here are some examples:

{year4}/{month0}
{date}
{datesort}

Tell me the exact date format you want and I'll provide it for you.

-Kirk

Offline dell8844

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 12:33:23 AM »
Thanks Kirk

The information you gave me was just what I wanted to set up the format, I really am impressed with the speed of response to queries from users.
I have been running a demo version of 4.5 and have just purchased a licence, I have downloaded the 4.5.1 upgrade and it has installed as a complete program, leaving 4.5 installed also, is this right or should it have just upgraded 4.5. If it is right do I just uninstall 4.5.

Regards
Dell

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 06:33:33 AM »
Dell,

Thanks Kirk

The information you gave me was just what I wanted to set up the format, I really am impressed with the speed of response to queries from users.
I have been running a demo version of 4.5 and have just purchased a licence, I have downloaded the 4.5.1 upgrade and it has installed as a complete program, leaving 4.5 installed also, is this right or should it have just upgraded 4.5. If it is right do I just uninstall 4.5.

For version 4.5.1+ I changed the installer to allow users to keep both 4.4.3.3 (most stable version of the 4.4 series) and version 4.5.x on their systems because so many users were having problems with 4.5.0 on Windows.  This change had the side effect of allowing both 4.5.0 and 4.5.1+ to coexist on the same system.  The solution in this case is to uninstall PM entirely and then reinstall version 4.5.1.1.

So you need to download 4.5.1.1 (since it is better than 4.5.1), uninstall the current versions, and then install 4.5.1.1 on your system.

That should take care of things.

-Kirk

Offline dell8844

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 07:14:43 AM »
Thanks Kirk

Will the licence password supplied to me still work if I uninstall the 4.5 verion that I have already used it on.

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 07:26:49 AM »
Dell,

Thanks Kirk

Will the licence password supplied to me still work if I uninstall the 4.5 verion that I have already used it on.

All of your settings will be preserved.

-Kirk