Author Topic: Is it possible to see the size/resolution in the preview/info window?  (Read 3668 times)

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Hi,

I use diffrent types of the same picture. Sometimes I alter the size/resolution and so forth. I cannot see where I can see the size/resolution in the preview window. I see the camera info but not the image info. Sometimes I have renamed some files and I need to see which one is low res and which is not so it would be great to see it within PM.

Any ideas?

Using PM 4.5.11 and a Mac.

-Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Hilmar,

I use diffrent types of the same picture. Sometimes I alter the size/resolution and so forth. I cannot see where I can see the size/resolution in the preview window. I see the camera info but not the image info. Sometimes I have renamed some files and I need to see which one is low res and which is not so it would be great to see it within PM.

Any ideas?

Using PM 4.5.11 and a Mac.

You can customize the text that appears in the Preview window's Info pane.  Choose "Set Info Text..." from the Edit menu.  To add the width and height enter:

Size: {w}x{h}

anywhere you like (you can put it at the top or anywhere else, but putting it at the top nearly guarantees that you'll see it) and then press the Set button.

Now you will see the size of your images.  (They're also visible in the title bar of the Preview window.)

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Many thanks,

That´s one smart little app you have created!

-Hilmar

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Kirk... when using Nikon NEF files, do you know if this size thing will show the size of the NEF image -- or the size of the embedded JPG?

BTW, I've been finding PM's Export very useful for distributing proofs of raw files.  Very slick indeed.

Ron

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Ron,

Kirk... when using Nikon NEF files, do you know if this size thing will show the size of the NEF image -- or the size of the embedded JPG?

BTW, I've been finding PM's Export very useful for distributing proofs of raw files.  Very slick indeed.

I'm pretty sure it is the resolution of the RAW file data.

-Kirk