Author Topic: PM hangs or crashes  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Sean Dwyer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM hangs or crashes
« on: June 03, 2007, 01:55:29 AM »
I've 4.3.3 and if the card is accidently disconnected during ingest or I choose to online 3G data while ingesting, or if I choose to view and edit a few files while ingesting PM will crash or hang.  I've have set up bibble to empty the cash on closing the software.  Enclosed is a screen grab.

Any suggestions???

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM hangs or crashes
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 06:48:19 AM »
Sean,

I've 4.3.3 and if the card is accidently disconnected during ingest or I choose to online 3G data while ingesting, or if I choose to view and edit a few files while ingesting PM will crash or hang.  I've have set up bibble to empty the cash on closing the software.  Enclosed is a screen grab.

Any suggestions???

Are you certain that the version is 4.3.3?  How does Bibble factor in?

In any rate, I don't think the cache in Photo Mechanic is the issue.  Mac OS X is very picky about how removable media is handled.  I don't know much about 3G data but I'm guessing you're talking about making a connection to the Internet via a cell phone?

-Kirk

Offline Sean Dwyer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 01:43:40 PM »
A few corrections.  I'm using PM 4.4.3.3 and I meant to say 'set up Photo Mechanic', rather than 'set up bibble.'  Apologies but I had my eye on something else.  Should I reinstall the software?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 10:22:07 PM »
A few corrections.  I'm using PM 4.4.3.3 and I meant to say 'set up Photo Mechanic', rather than 'set up bibble.'  Apologies but I had my eye on something else.  Should I reinstall the software?

I'd try removing the Preferences file.  Open up your Home folder, then the Library folder, and then the Preferences folder.  The file you want to remove/rename is called com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist.  You can either rename it or simply move it to your Desktop.  Photo Mechanic will then create a default set of preferences.

As for removing the card during Ingest, please try not to do that if possible since it can result in data loss besides the inconvenience of applications terminating unexpectedly.  Always unmount your cards via the Finder or have PM unmount them after the Ingest.

-Kirk

Offline Sean Dwyer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 06:33:26 AM »
It's a dogy usb connection on the card reader, that I should have replaced already.  Thanks for advice.