Author Topic: Extracted Jpeg-banding and a mouse issue  (Read 3334 times)

Offline redsvt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Extracted Jpeg-banding and a mouse issue
« on: June 04, 2007, 04:46:02 PM »
Love Pm, I noticed recently though that after I have applied changes to NEFs in CaptureNX, that when I extract a jpeg from the NEF in PM that the images have banding going through them. It only does this when I have made changes to the original NEF and saved them in capture NX. Also another issue I am having is with scrolling in the preview window, I can use my mouse button to move the images from left to right, but if I want to scroll back, right to left it will only move to four or five images then stops, and I cannot go any further. I then have to use the scroll back to go back. I have tried several mice, but I feel that it might be an OS issue. Any hoooooo, love PM.

OS-Windows Vista
PM-4.5.1.1
System, more than adequat

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Extracted Jpeg-banding and a mouse issue
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 05:37:27 PM »
Love Pm, I noticed recently though that after I have applied changes to NEFs in CaptureNX, that when I extract a jpeg from the NEF in PM that the images have banding going through them. It only does this when I have made changes to the original NEF and saved them in capture NX.

Can you send me an example NEF file that I can use to reproduce the problem?

Quote from: redsvt
Also another issue I am having is with scrolling in the preview window, I can use my mouse button to move the images from left to right, but if I want to scroll back, right to left it will only move to four or five images then stops, and I cannot go any further. I then have to use the scroll back to go back. I have tried several mice, but I feel that it might be an OS issue. Any hoooooo, love PM.

Is this a scroll-wheel issue?  Or are you moving the mouse while holding the scroll bar?

-Kirk

Offline redsvt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 06:41:05 PM »

Is this a scroll-wheel issue?  Or are you moving the mouse while holding the scroll bar?

Yes it is a scroll wheel issue. No I am not moving the mouse when I scroll, nor holding down any buttons, bars etc. Just weird it does not do it on XP, I just tried it.

Kirk where do I send the raw files to?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 11:04:56 PM »

Yes it is a scroll wheel issue. No I am not moving the mouse when I scroll, nor holding down any buttons, bars etc. Just weird it does not do it on XP, I just tried it.

Kirk where do I send the raw files to?

Contact me directly by clicking on my name to the left of this message and then click on the Personal Message link.  I will send you server upload info.

-Kirk

Offline redsvt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 11:21:26 PM »
Message is there