Author Topic: Combining FTP and E-Mail windows to one "send files..."  (Read 6297 times)

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
Combining FTP and E-Mail windows to one "send files..."
« on: June 05, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »
hello!

I have the idea to a re-design of these two function: combine them!
So that it's possible on ONE window to choose between AND both of them!

for example:

• sent photos via email to Receiver 1, 2 and 3
  • upload photos via FTP to HOST1, HOST2 and HOST3

.. upload file 1-8 via ftp to customer1, 9-15 via email tu customer2 .. etc..

in each case with all available options like compression, remove EXIF, rename, etc.

I guess you've to work on the "Send Photos via email" function because there is not yet the possibility to RENAME and save the photos, like its currently possible when FTPing. So, I think, you can instead of this even combine ftp and email to ONE. (and with this you avoid another   menue entrys for SCP and SFTP and and and...)

that would be very cool! :)
using the latest version of PM on win10

Offline antpix

• View Profile
Re: Combining FTP and E-Mail windows to one "send files..."
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 12:15:35 AM »
I'll second something of this nature as a new feature, very cool

Ant

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
Re: Combining FTP and E-Mail windows to one "send files..."
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 02:59:42 AM »
I'll third that.

Would also like to see an 'address book' feature where each individual address or client can have their own settings, so client 1 has files re-sized and names in a particular way delivered via FTP, client two has a differet file size preference and naming and gets them by email.

Then when you choose a new send images command you build up a mailing list of clients (like the keyword box, moving them across, with a save list feature) and hit send.

All the images are repurposed to the exact requirements for each client and sent using their preferred method, FTP or email.

Still think the FTP needs updating, when a connection drops it's a nightmare as the only option available is to cancel and the you lose the queue and have to start over again with no idea what was successfully sent and what wasn't