Author Topic: Code Replacement - Two Suggestions  (Read 5342 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Code Replacement - Two Suggestions
« on: June 04, 2007, 02:25:55 PM »
I use code replacement extensively for swapping out race competitor numbers with their names.  What I would like to see is:

1) Code Replacement file "refresh" button on the Code Replacement dialog box.  There are times when I have to go in and tweak the code replacement file with additions/corrections.  It would be nice to not have to remove and re-add all the files or shut down PM and restart it to re-read the code replacement files.

2) I will put my plug in again for a default value i could set to be returned if there is no hit in the code replacement file.  This could be something on the code replacement dialog box below where you set what delimiter value.  I could then put in a value like "UNKNOWN COMPETITOR" for default and then if that competitor wasn't in the list, I would get UNKNOWN COMPETITOR instead of "\231\".

Thanks!

-Mike

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
Re: Code Replacement - Two Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:41:13 AM »
I've mentioned this before but would like to raise it again in the hope that someone else can see the benefit and second my request.

I'd like to store my code replacement file(s) on my web page and then just put the URL in the code replacement dialogue window. As mentioned above there would be a 'refresh code replacement' button that would then make PM go to the web page and get the latest CR file. Then I can give the URL to other photographers and we will all have the latest version without having to send files to everyone.

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »
I'd like to store my code replacement file(s) on my web page and then just put the URL in the code replacement dialogue window. As mentioned above there would be a 'refresh code replacement' button that would then make PM go to the web page and get the latest CR file. Then I can give the URL to other photographers and we will all have the latest version without having to send files to everyone.
maybe only as "update the local file", in case for no remote host is available..
using the latest version of PM on win10

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 02:47:01 AM »
You woudldn't need that as once you have set the URL and PM has gone and loaded the code replacement file, if you the click re-fresh and no internet connection is available, it would just give a warning and leaves the old codes in place. If the internet connect is there then it updates.