Author Topic: Colour Management in PM  (Read 2963 times)

Offline runner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Colour Management in PM
« on: June 06, 2007, 05:36:51 PM »
I've just profiled my monitor, should an image corrected with PS look the same whether colour management in PM is toggled on or off? should i use the monitor profile with PM? I'm confused.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Colour Management in PM
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:52:28 PM »
I've just profiled my monitor, should an image corrected with PS look the same whether colour management in PM is toggled on or off? should i use the monitor profile with PM? I'm confused.

You definitely do not want to use a monitor profile for anything except telling the system that you want your monitor's profile to be the profile you generated.

In the Color Management settings tab of the Preferences dialog, you should choose your default profile as whatever you usually shoot your images in.  Usually this would be Adobe RGB (1998) or sRGB.

The color should change when color management is toggled as long as the images have profiles in them, or are shot in a known color space like Adobe RGB (1998) or sRGB.

Where did your images come from?  What kinds of things has been done to them?

-Kirk

Offline runner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Colour Management in PM
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 01:15:35 AM »
Thanks Kirk
The images were shot with a Nikon D2X, & i sharpen, crop,spot, & touch the colours (mainly curves) in PS. I've just checked the same image side by side in PM & PS, they look similar with colour management in PM toggled on.