Author Topic: Text Export where's the {filename} option  (Read 4732 times)

Offline Patrick McPartland

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Text Export where's the {filename} option
« on: June 06, 2007, 07:59:58 PM »
In previous versions of PM I could export text and have PM name the exported text file the same as the picture file. An example is: The file name is Picture.jpg. I was able to export the caption from IPTC using Export Text function. In the dialog box I could set PM to name  the exported file Picture.jpg.txt. Why can't I do that anymore?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Text Export where's the {filename} option
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:46:50 PM »
Patrick,

In previous versions of PM I could export text and have PM name the exported text file the same as the picture file. An example is: The file name is Picture.jpg. I was able to export the caption from IPTC using Export Text function. In the dialog box I could set PM to name  the exported file Picture.jpg.txt. Why can't I do that anymore?

All export options were moved into the Export dialog.  From there you can export Text, XML, and a variety of HTML/Flash galleries.

File->Export

Then choose Text from the Selected Template: popup menu.

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 07:50:46 PM »
Sorry, I didn't explain my problem clearly. I know where and how to export the text. The problem is that the text is exported and PM names the files export_1.txt. How do I set the export to the text and name the file a name of my choosing? In previous PM versions the export dialog allowed me to input a variable ({filenamebase} or {object}) for the file name so exported text would be MyFileName.txt.
Thanks for all your help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 09:02:33 PM »
Sorry, I didn't explain my problem clearly. I know where and how to export the text. The problem is that the text is exported and PM names the files export_1.txt. How do I set the export to the text and name the file a name of my choosing? In previous PM versions the export dialog allowed me to input a variable ({filenamebase} or {object}) for the file name so exported text would be MyFileName.txt.

I think this is what you're asking for:

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 07:13:52 PM »
Sorry Kirk that didn't solve the problem either. The Text export still saves the file as export_1.txt on my desktop. The attached file is what I'm getting. The first line is the name of the picture file, KT5_31sftball01PM. The second line is the caption. I want the KT5_31sftball01PM to replace the file name of export_1.txt when the export is processed and I want the caption to be the text of the file. How do I do that?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 10:02:08 PM »
Sorry Kirk that didn't solve the problem either. The Text export still saves the file as export_1.txt on my desktop. The attached file is what I'm getting. The first line is the name of the picture file, KT5_31sftball01PM. The second line is the caption. I want the KT5_31sftball01PM to replace the file name of export_1.txt when the export is processed and I want the caption to be the text of the file. How do I do that?

I don't think it ever did have that capability.  I don't think it can be done in the way that you describe.

-Kirk