Author Topic: Folder not shown in Naviagor  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Folder not shown in Naviagor
« on: June 12, 2007, 11:27:02 PM »
Hello Kirk,

I have a porblem with the navigator window on my XP machine. I'm not sure whether it has to do anything with that, but I just notized it with a folder in which I have my local website located.

The folder shows up without problem in the 'Open contact sheet' dialog window, and there I can also open the subfolder it contains, including the contact sheets of subfolders that contain pictures. But the same folder (and subsequencely all sub-folders) don't show up in the navigator, which I find strange. I have two ideas that could cause problems:

1.) I didn't really check it out (count), but I know that there are certain applications that refuse to work with files if the complete file name inlcuding all subfolders exceed 256 caracters. They just scramble all caracters past 256 with somthing like '~1'. So can it be that the navigator has a similar limitation?

2.) The navigator has problems displaying folders that contain websites.

What speaks against both of the above causes is the fact that the 'open contact sheet' dialoge does not have that problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Archer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Folder not shown in Naviagor
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:19:28 AM »
Archer,

I have a porblem with the navigator window on my XP machine. I'm not sure whether it has to do anything with that, but I just notized it with a folder in which I have my local website located.

The folder shows up without problem in the 'Open contact sheet' dialog window, and there I can also open the subfolder it contains, including the contact sheets of subfolders that contain pictures. But the same folder (and subsequencely all sub-folders) don't show up in the navigator, which I find strange. I have two ideas that could cause problems:

1.) I didn't really check it out (count), but I know that there are certain applications that refuse to work with files if the complete file name inlcuding all subfolders exceed 256 caracters. They just scramble all caracters past 256 with somthing like '~1'. So can it be that the navigator has a similar limitation?

2.) The navigator has problems displaying folders that contain websites.

What speaks against both of the above causes is the fact that the 'open contact sheet' dialoge does not have that problem.

That dialog is Microsoft's dialog and was not written by us.

Could you please list the full path to the folder so I can see what it is?  If you don't want to reveal it publicly, then contact me directly by clicking on my name to the left of this message and send me a Personal Message.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Re: Folder not shown in Naviagor
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 03:24:29 PM »
Hi Kirk,

just sent a e-mail with screen shot of the navigator and 'open contact sheet' window next to each other and pointing to the same folder so you can see the problem of a subfolder shown in one, but not the other.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Archer