Author Topic: Watermark size/placement  (Read 4030 times)

Offline ssmithpi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Watermark size/placement
« on: June 15, 2007, 10:52:52 AM »
Hello Camera Bits,

I'm trying to use the watermark function of PM, version 4.4.3.3. for images that I intend to email.  The images are medium-sized Jpegs.
The watermark appears at the lower left of the image, in a small font.  Is there a way to adjust the font size and placement of the watermark on the image?

I'm running Mac OS 10.4.9. 

Thanks very much,

Steve Smith

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermark size/placement
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 11:00:52 AM »
Steve,

I'm trying to use the watermark function of PM, version 4.4.3.3. for images that I intend to email.  The images are medium-sized Jpegs.
The watermark appears at the lower left of the image, in a small font.  Is there a way to adjust the font size and placement of the watermark on the image?

I'm running Mac OS 10.4.9.

The font size is automatically generated from the percentage width and height you choose in the Watermarking dialog and is related to the length of the text that ends up on the watermark.

In version 4.5 we added the ability to specify the size of the 'box' that the watermark is rendered into so that consistent sizing of text can be had when rendered on landscape and portrait images.

-Kirk

Offline ssmithpi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »
Hi, Kirk

Thanks for your reply.  Could you please direct me to the Watermarking Dialogue--I'm unable to find it.  I thought the watermark originated from the IPTC copyright field.  I appreciate your help.

best,

Steve Smith

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 01:41:32 PM »
Steve,

Thanks for your reply.  Could you please direct me to the Watermarking Dialogue--I'm unable to find it.  I thought the watermark originated from the IPTC copyright field.  I appreciate your help.

In the various dialogs that save, print, upload, etc. there will be a button labeled "Watermarking" with a checkbox next to it.  Click on the "Watermarking" button and you'll see the dialog.

-Kirk

Offline ssmithpi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:07:31 PM »
Thanks much, Kirk. 

Steve Smith