Author Topic: Home Page Settings in HTML Export  (Read 7477 times)

Offline photohog45

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Home Page Settings in HTML Export
« on: May 21, 2006, 06:52:55 PM »
This is probably more of an HTML question but here goes. I am using PM to export some pages that I will be putting on viewing stations. The export works great. Instead of doing a network, I am going to be burning a CD and manually putting the files on the machines. I know the network will work better and I am working towards that but for this event I need to do this on individual machines.

When export the HTML files from PM there is a place to put the path for the home page. As the page will not be on the net but on a local drive I need to specifiy a file. If I put the path in using the format file:///c:/Folder/File it works, but how do I do it so that if I put it on a local drive that is not "c:" that it works?

Thanks

Darren

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Home Page Settings in HTML Export
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:08:33 PM »
This is probably more of an HTML question but here goes. I am using PM to export some pages that I will be putting on viewing stations. The export works great. Instead of doing a network, I am going to be burning a CD and manually putting the files on the machines. I know the network will work better and I am working towards that but for this event I need to do this on individual machines.

When export the HTML files from PM there is a place to put the path for the home page. As the page will not be on the net but on a local drive I need to specifiy a file. If I put the path in using the format file:///c:/Folder/File it works, but how do I do it so that if I put it on a local drive that is not "c:" that it works?

You could try to use a relative path and see if that works.  Otherwise, if you know that your CD-ROM drive is always D: then you could use "file:///D:/Folder/File".  If the different computers have different drive letters, then you could always map a drive letter on each system to the CD-ROM drive and call it something that is unused on all systems, like X: and use that drive letter in your URL.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline photohog45

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 07:16:02 PM »
Thanks Kirk, but I guess my question is how do you make the path relative? I know I should know this but I just cant get it to work properly.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 07:17:41 PM »
Thanks Kirk, but I guess my question is how do you make the path relative? I know I should know this but I just cant get it to work properly.

It would be something like "file://../Folder" but I'm not certain it will work.  Give it a try on a test HTML Export.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 09:47:26 PM by Kirk Baker »