Author Topic: Bizarre Happenings in IPTC Pad  (Read 4270 times)

Offline robk47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Bizarre Happenings in IPTC Pad
« on: June 15, 2007, 03:05:04 AM »
 ??? I have had some strange things happening in my IPTC pad...when I set the IPTC to load during the ingest of a disk, often I find that some of the text is missing when I open the pad and complete the caption for the image.  It happens primarily in the Category and Photographer listings where letters are missing from the end of what was originally typed. I use Windows. This is a bit annoying.
Rob Klein

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bizarre Happenings in IPTC Pad
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 06:44:55 AM »
Rob,

??? I have had some strange things happening in my IPTC pad...when I set the IPTC to load during the ingest of a disk, often I find that some of the text is missing when I open the pad and complete the caption for the image.  It happens primarily in the Category and Photographer listings where letters are missing from the end of what was originally typed. I use Windows. This is a bit annoying.

Are you using the Local or Global IPTC Stationery when looking at it in Ingest?

-Kirk

Offline robk47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »
I am using the local. I open the one I want and then close the stationary and ingest. By the way, not to sound too dumb, but what is the difference between the two. Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 10:40:37 AM »
I am using the local. I open the one I want and then close the stationary and ingest. By the way, not to sound too dumb, but what is the difference between the two. Thanks.

The local IPTC Stationery version is specific to the Ingest dialog.  The global IPTC Stationery version is the the one you edit everywhere else (outside of the Ingest dialog).  So if you made changes to the global IPTC Stationery but use the local IPTC Stationery you will not be seeing the last changes you made to the global IPTC Stationery in your local version.

If you want things to work the way they did in version 4.4.3.3 and earlier, just use the global IPTC Stationery and you'll get that same behavior.

-Kirk