Author Topic: Batch resize ?  (Read 13866 times)

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
Re: Batch resize ?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 11:57:32 AM »

Yes, "to fit box:" 500 pixels, and it always keeps the proportions.  No need for a checkbox.  Scaling to a box always preserves the aspect ratio of the original image.

-Kirk

Perfect, I wish photoshop had this!
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 07:16:17 AM »
Hilmar,

I am still trying to get pics to be 20 cm / 260 dpi and I set it to 5200/5200 px. It should be 20 cm regarding the cm X res but it always ends up as 52 cm. What am I doing wrong?

We're looking into this issue and I will let you know what is going on as soon as we figure it out.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 09:33:06 AM »
Any news of this?

-Hilmar

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 11:02:20 AM »
I found a problem with PM's formatting of Photoshop's resolution data when centimeters is used.  Photoshop always expects its resolution value in pixels per inch, even when it is told to display in centimeters.  This is different from TIFF resolution formatting and JFIF.  I made the change to convert pixels/cm to pixels/inch (multiply by 2.54) and verified that it now works correctly.  This fix will be in 4.5.2.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  For now you can stick with inches and it will work correctly in terms of print size in Photoshop (as long as you don't mind thinking in those units).

BTW - DPI is dots per inch and relates to printing with dots (e.g. ink jet).  Pixels per inch or pixels per centimeter is the correct terminology for determining print size based-upon number of pixels.

--dennis

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 11:24:47 AM »
Thanks Dennis,

When is 4.5.2 due out?

-Hilmar