Author Topic: How do I burn a folder to DVD?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Teffy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How do I burn a folder to DVD?
« on: June 17, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »
I am trying PM 4.5.1.1 as a demo on my Windows Vista PC.  I was hoping to 'ingest' simultaneously to a folder on a hard drive, and a DVD.  After trying it, I think that both destinations must be hard drives (either internal or external). 

So, now I am trying to burn the folder from my hard drive to DVD, but can't figure out how to do it with PM.  I tried hitting ctrl-a to select all images in the contact sheet (the folder), right-clicking, choosing 'copy' and selecting the DVD drive letter.  I get the message from PM, "There were errors during the copy operation." 

What is the right way to burn to DVD?  Is it possible to do this as part of the ingest step?

Thanks!

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How do I burn a folder to DVD?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 04:51:10 PM »
I am trying PM 4.5.1.1 as a demo on my Windows Vista PC.  I was hoping to 'ingest' simultaneously to a folder on a hard drive, and a DVD.  After trying it, I think that both destinations must be hard drives (either internal or external). 

So, now I am trying to burn the folder from my hard drive to DVD, but can't figure out how to do it with PM.  I tried hitting ctrl-a to select all images in the contact sheet (the folder), right-clicking, choosing 'copy' and selecting the DVD drive letter.  I get the message from PM, "There were errors during the copy operation." 

What is the right way to burn to DVD?  Is it possible to do this as part of the ingest step?

You need to use the Burn Photos to Disc command on the File menu.  Just Ingest, then select the images you want to archive, and then use the Burn Photos to Disc feature.

-Kirk