Author Topic: Demo Expired message even after registering  (Read 2940 times)

Offline steve02476

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Demo Expired message even after registering
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:43:08 AM »
Hi, I put the demo version of PhotoMechanic on 3 Macs here, and then bought three licenses and registered all three machines with my password.

Two of the Macs have been doing just fine, but the third Mac always gives me a "your time limited demo expired on 6/1/2007" message. When it does this, I click the Register button, put in the name, department, and password fields, and then it acts totally happy.

But, when I quit the app, and then restart it, it again tells me the demo has expired. I tried completely removing the app and reinstalling, but I get the same effect.

How can I fix this? -Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Demo Expired message even after registering
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 11:07:43 AM »
Steve,

Hi, I put the demo version of PhotoMechanic on 3 Macs here, and then bought three licenses and registered all three machines with my password.

Two of the Macs have been doing just fine, but the third Mac always gives me a "your time limited demo expired on 6/1/2007" message. When it does this, I click the Register button, put in the name, department, and password fields, and then it acts totally happy.

But, when I quit the app, and then restart it, it again tells me the demo has expired. I tried completely removing the app and reinstalling, but I get the same effect.

How can I fix this?

It sounds like the third Mac has a permissions issue for the account in which you are registering Photo Mechanic. 

The registration information is written to /Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist and requires having Administrator privileges during the time of registration.  So if you logon with an Administrator account, register Photo Mechanic, and then logout, it should then work fine for all users.

-Kirk