Author Topic: Constraining photo sizes  (Read 2623 times)

Offline tstableford

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Constraining photo sizes
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:37:11 AM »
Dear Camera Bits,
Greetings; I have a folder of various-size images, and would like to save them at a set size of, say, 650x800 pixels. However, some of the photos are smaller than 800 pixels wide, and I do not want these images upsized as they look bad when that happens. Is there a way to use the Save As option to constrain the photo sizes in a way that is similar to the Export option? (I.e., in the Export option, if I select a maximum photo width of 800 pixels, a 750 pixel image is not upsized, which is good because it maintains the proper image quality.)
Thank you for any help you can provide here.
Tyler Stableford

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Constraining photo sizes
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 11:25:13 PM »
Tyler,

I have a folder of various-size images, and would like to save them at a set size of, say, 650x800 pixels. However, some of the photos are smaller than 800 pixels wide, and I do not want these images upsized as they look bad when that happens. Is there a way to use the Save As option to constrain the photo sizes in a way that is similar to the Export option? (I.e., in the Export option, if I select a maximum photo width of 800 pixels, a 750 pixel image is not upsized, which is good because it maintains the proper image quality.)

There is currently no way to tell Save As to never scale up.  Save As does exactly what you tell it to do.

-Kirk