Author Topic: Mouse Scroll Wheel in IPTC Info window?  (Read 3140 times)

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
Mouse Scroll Wheel in IPTC Info window?
« on: June 21, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »
Hi

Is the mouse scroll wheel meant to work in the IPTC Info window to allow a quick scroll down the list of items to reach those that are initially hidden?  I'm on Win XP SP2 and it doesn't work for me, unless I've missed an option.

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Mouse Scroll Wheel in IPTC Info window?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 11:54:01 AM »
Mike,

Is the mouse scroll wheel meant to work in the IPTC Info window to allow a quick scroll down the list of items to reach those that are initially hidden?  I'm on Win XP SP2 and it doesn't work for me, unless I've missed an option.

It is supposed to work, but Windows has this funny way of sending mouse wheel events to the focused window, even if it doesn't have scroll bars active.  I made it so you can click in any background area and drag the mouse up and down and it will directly scroll.

-Kirk

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
Re: Mouse Scroll Wheel in IPTC Info window?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 12:37:59 PM »
Hi Kirk

It is supposed to work, but Windows has this funny way of sending mouse wheel events to the focused window, even if it doesn't have scroll bars active.  I made it so you can click in any background area and drag the mouse up and down and it will directly scroll.

OK.  I see the drag option now.  Thanks.  That helps.

I still think it would be better for the scroll wheel to work -- it just means you can keep the mouse / cursor in the same position, and flip up/down to a new position quite quickly.

When you say it's supposed to work -- do you mean that it's currently coded to work but doesn't (at least on some machines), or that you've disabled/removed the code because of some issues you were seeing?

Thanks,

Mike